5.5.12

Theory #20: Apparently there a certain amount of "friendly" you can be before people start thinking you're in love with them.

You have to keep a certain distance, there are boundaries that should never be crossed. Turns out that if you're friendly with someone from the opposite sex they think you fancy them.
  Apperantly there can be no friendship between guys and girls.


I'm annoyed. Really. I was talking with Annie on the phone not so long ago. Lately she's been texting with T, L's best friend. Now I'm friends with T. I'm a rather demonstrative person and so I tease him and it's actually kind of funny because as a character he's very guarded and doesn't open up easily. He has actually admitted though that we're friends, not so much to me but rather to other people which made me very happy because all this time I thought that to him I was just this annoying classmate who like's his best friend and he just has to tolerate.
  Yes well, now it turns out he thought I also liked him. In fact, texting with Annie yesterday he told her that he felt kind of awkward in the sense that I'm his freiend and he's not sure how to handle it if that is true.
  Now, why am I annoyed?
  I am annoyed, not because he thought I might like him (I mean, he's a nice guy) but because this is how I am. When I feel close with someone, that we're friends, I immediatelly feel free to sort of be myself with them. I expect them not to think too much of it. Whereas with people I don't feel comfortable with, or people I like, I'm always guarded, I don't tease them much, simply because I don't feel that sort of friendly intimacy with them.
  So, where does this leave me?
  Oh, I will act as I always do but nevertheless I'm left wondering. Can aboy and girl not have a friendship? Or can they be as long as there are certain boundaries, certain walls that must not be crossed? Is there some rulebook about relationships that I was not informed about? Am I supposed to be overly friendly only with my female friends while with the male friends I must keep them at a certain distance?
  Humans confuse me as time goes by.
  Also, Annie said that L probably thinks I like T as well. That perhaps that why he's speaking more freely now or he's not making a move (depends on how he feels). Great, that's just great. Why do things get complicated all on their own?
 

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Hi :) You have a lovely blog.

    I agree with this post, friendship with boys is surprisingly difficult. I always have this thought in my mind ''is it really ok to be like this?'', I wish we didn't have to worry, I wish the boundaries were clearer.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή