25.11.12

Theory #25

  You may not hear a friendship crack but you most certainly hear it break.

  So Sonia came by today to pick up some books. We haven't really talked for what seems like ages. We sat in my room and chit-chatted for about a quarter and suddenly I realised it was time to make the talk. I could no longer hold it in.
  I told her that what happend between her and that boy Annie liked had shaken our friendship as well. That I thought the way she handled things was wrong. That I wanted to be straight with her and that my faith in her was more than shaken. I did most of the talking for twenty minutes and I couldn't believe that for once in my life I was explaining things the way I felt them without being overwhelmed by my emotions.
  "Was it worth it?" I asked. "Was he worth more than your friendship with Annie?"
  "I don't regret a thing."
  "That's good. I'm glad to hear it." Because guilt can be a hard thing and I don't feel the need to punish her neither do I wish she is in pain. 
  When she left I think she was about to cry but then again I'm never certain of her emotions. I then opened the window of my bedroom full open. Her perfume was in the air and I couldn't breathe.
  It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I destroyed whatever it was that was left of our friendship. But it was worth it. I won't have to pretend everything's alright anymore.


1 σχόλιο:

  1. It happens sometimes when friends do not agree with how other friends behave. I find that I do not mind if my friends disagree with my lifestyle as long as they don't try preaching to me or being judgmental.

    I have lost friends this way.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή