3.7.14

The man in Berlin

I think
of all those things he told me in Berlin
when we sat in the park.
Of his past.
He told me
"Don't be scared,"
and I replied
"I'm not."
I should have specified
"I trust you enough to not be."
I wonder why he told me
things he knew might change the way I saw him.
I wonder if it was because he had run out
of small talk topics.
Because my silence made him too uncomfortable.
But I could never speak and when I looked at him
I stared
and he would always ask me "what?"
"Nothing."
While the others were there
they spoke enough
that I could remain silent unnoticed.
With some people speech just doesn't come out.
But I'm glad
I said at least
"I appreciate it. You telling me things
you may not feel like sharing."
For a moment
I saw it in his eyes
he was stunned.
Then he laughed and said
"You're welcome I guess."

The things he told me
burn inside me
he's one of those people
you're not in love with
but you could easily be
if you let yourself fall.
He's the kind of person
that probably resonates in everyone
after they meet him.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου