16.4.14

Intentions

I intend to get lost in Rome.
I'll get lost among the traces of the ancient city
and among the bars and the people.
And before that I intend to get lost in Berlin
and make a vow to return someday there
among the beautiful harsh language.
And after that I intend to get lost in some other city
in some other country
in some other bars
in some other man's arms
in some other faceless nameless bunch of people.
I intend to constantly get lost
to constantly lose myself
to let other constantly lose me if they wish to.
That seems like the only way
I can hold on to me.

4 σχόλια:

  1. I adore this. Walking among the city lights and new languages makes me feel alive, even in feeling lost. Especially losing yourself in men's arms. This is gorgeous Emilia.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I have absolutely no idea why I didn't see these comments before. Even so long after, thank you.

      Διαγραφή
  2. they say one must get lost in order to be found. and i kinda like the way you are able to write it. getting lost for me feels scary, but the way you say it makes it sound exhilarating.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. This comes late from my part but for what it's worth, getting lost has always paralysed me yet pulled me forward. I can still not escape from its grasp.

      Διαγραφή