1.4.20

Stop searching

You said
that many years ago
indeed you put up a wall.
"I stopped searching for you."

But I didn't.
It took me much longer to accept
to move on
to stop looking around every corner
under every word.

And now
years later
you told me "I love you"
in the airport.
"If you don't come
I will.
I don't know
if I can even last a month."

Amidst all the silence
all the chaos
all the ground going under our feet
did you stop looking for me?

I have no reason to give you to stay.
I'm not even looking for one.
The silence has
encircled me.




3 σχόλια:

  1. I wish you would post more often. Hope you are safe in this time of the virus.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Thank you, I am well, locked up at home. Hope the same applies to you.
      I'm having difficulty with words in the past few years, it feels like they are only now starting to slowly come back to me.

      Διαγραφή
    2. Your words always hit home with me. I think you are being too hard on yourself I can get that way too though when I feel like I a post is not very good.

      Διαγραφή