5.10.19

Waves

Last time
you asked me
How are you and I said
Hey I'm fine, you?
But I wanted to say really,
You'd better not fall for me
'cause I am fine and well
when I am in the sunshine
but inside I am made-up of storms
and no sailor ever reaches the shore
and I can promise nothing but
that I will break your heart.

And hear me now
I know there will be a ceiling you will reach
For I recognise the lovers
from a mile away each
and there is the burning in the heart
and the earthquake in the ribs
that only being close brings.

I have tried and failed
and failed again
to move those tremors from my heart and limbs
to place them nearer to others
closer physically
but try as I might I can't deny
That I don't feel
for you the tidal wave
I feel
swiping at my knees
the moment I lay my eyes on him.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου