5.10.14

Final goodbyes

I try to make light of his loving remarks
but that is hard because
how do you ignore the solemn ones?
I smile sadly at his words
because I have seen the future
have already lived it
- am already on recovery.
The expiration date has passed
and now it's rotting
and I'm letting go of control
- I'll take the emotions as they come
feel them all the way
le them wash over me
then fade away.

(I don't care if it is love or not
- I adore him in my own way -
but it hurt to say - the last - goodbye.)


Ten minutes later:
a text.
"I already miss you."

2 σχόλια:

  1. This is only my interpretation, I might be wrong and I apologize, but I have the feeling you fell in love with this boy and the entire time you were telling yourself you wouldn't. Love, it's out of our control, it's like a magic spell and there's nothing we can do once it has you.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Those false goodbyes, the final or hopefully final goodbyes always hurt the most. Love is such a sucker punch and so is goodbye. Adore this, darling. I feel this so much lately as I reflect on my past.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή