12.10.14

Arriving in Rome

A week after
reaching Rome
everything is already faded
my old life back in Greece
the people
the moments
everything
they feel faraway
are part of a dreamland.
I am in a parenthesis
where nothing is real
except the now
the here
a here in which
I feel to strangely belong
to myself
to the city
to the unknown
to no one
nowhere.
It's starnge to say I do not miss him
there is only a slight melancholy
a slight upward turning of the lips
and then he's swept away
by the roman heat.

2 σχόλια:

  1. That feeling of life in parenthesis is one I can't seem to escape. I wish I could fly to Rome and see if that would help. Or Greece. Really, anywhere incredibly new.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. I wonder if you feel more real because you were stripped of so much you had not chosen, you were so familar with you almost forgot what it was made of (both without negative connotations,e.g. your family is familar and not chosen they still can mean the world!), not that it was bad or worthless. but sometimes when you are still not too attached to a place with emotion and memory, you can be (you); there, its very essence.

    you sound you are growing by the minute. I am very curious what will evolve. here. next

    xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή