4.11.13

Not you. Him.

Yes, I was infatuated with you: I am still. No one has ever heightened such a keen capacity of physical sensation in me. I cut you out because I couldn’t stand being a passing fancy. Before I give my body, I must give my thoughts, my mind, my dreams. And you weren’t having any of those.
— Sylvia Plath 


I still think of you of course.
Oops, my bad,
I mean of him.
I won't address him anymore.

Where was I?

Oh.
Yes.
I remembered.
 
I still think of him of course.
Long before the night falls,
even amidst the noise.
And I want to message him,
I do,
But in all this time he has not bothered
and I hate this clingy, needy part of me
that wishes we'd
just
talk.
So I decided
since I have no way of knowing
since I only know the facts
I'll act accordingly and cut it all off.
Like a wound it'll sting
and it will leave scar tissue behind.
 
I've always been fond of scars.
 
"If you still talk about it
it still matters."
If I stop talking about
will it stop mattering?
 

1 σχόλιο:

  1. I feel like something about your voice in writing has developed a lot recently. Idk if it's because what you're specifically writing about or what but I have enjoyed it.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή